Saturday, May 23, 2009

Backyard Garden - Week 3



Week three in the garden saw a lot of action. We got flowers to make the front of the house look nice and a bunch of herbs for our kitchen herb garden. The herb garden is now planted with chives, rosemary, dill, oregano, basil, and sage. These are the herbs I work with the most in the kitchen and it is nice to have them on hand. They taste so much better than the dried variety. I am hoping to learn how to dry them so I can have a year round supply of herbs from the garden.
The vegetables survived a cool week that saw temperatures go all the way down to 37 degrees. The tomatoes continue to grow, the onion is starting to look really healthy, and the spinch has sprouted. It is shaping up to be a good year in the garden.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Is your kitchen herb garden indoor or outdoor? I want to start an indoor one and was wondering what you've done to have success. I'm still developing my green thumb and will take pointers if you've got them. Thanks!